Here is a look at the process of purchasing a home and what I’ll do.
Have a seat, there’s lots here.
Or skip it and call me.
[click each step for more info]
- you’ll only look at homes within your price range
- you’ll know your monthly payments & closing costs up front
- your negotiating position with the seller will be stronger
- closing can happen more quickly
After a thorough understanding of your new home needs:
- I’ll set up a search designed for you using the best technology in the industry
- you’ll receive information on new listings as soon as they come on the market
- we’ll schedule time to visit most or all of them
- I will be on the hunt for upcoming listings through my internal groups
I will research data on the home to determine what to offer and:
- we will present a written offer to the seller’s agent and/or seller
- the seller may either accept, reject, or counter your offer
- there may be some negotiation required
- once the seller accepts the offer, it becomes a legal contract
- earnest money will be needed at the time of an offer – typically 1-2% of the offer
I’ll recommend you hire a professional home inspector
- they will conduct a thorough inspection of the house
- emphasis will be on health, safety and integrity
- we will negotiate with the seller to complete any necessary repairs